Calling all Cosplayers!
This year the first place winner of the Cosplay contest will go home with a Nintendo Switch! The Cosplay Contest is on Saturday March, 4th, at 5pm at the outdoor pavilion. Sign ups begin Friday, March 3rd and will close Saturday, March 4th at 2:00pm. Signups will be at the Florida Con-Artists booth in Hall A. They will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have, or you can email email@example.com for answers.
Infinity Con Cosplay Contest Rules
Contestants can enter as either Individual or Group. These are NOT separate judging categories; individual and group entries will be judged together. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will receive ONE of the following prizes.
1st place: Nintendo Switch System, 2nd Place: $100 Cash, 3rd Place: $50 Cash.
Other prizes: Judges choice awards/honorable mentions will be given at judge’s discretion.
No skits during judging or catwalk.
No nudity. No costume is no costume.
No profanity allowed on stage. That includes messages on signs or clothes. Anyone who violates this may be disqualified from the competition.
No political or religious statement during the catwalk. Anyone who violates this may be disqualified from the competition.
Do not use any sort of projectile at all! Nothing must leave your person while you are on the catwalk. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the convention area.
No flashpots, explosive devices, or similar special effects are to be used. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the convention area.
All prop weapons must conform to the Infinity Con Weapons Policy, which is as follows: All weapons must be non-working and peace bonded. No functioning projectile weapons – including water pistols, silly-string guns, and ping-pong pistols. Bladed weapons must be cased or sheathed at all times. No clowning around or showing off in the common areas. Any weapon
used in an offensive manner will be confiscated. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the convention area. We expect you to use good judgment; with your help, we can continue to allow peace-bonded weapons.
All applications must be submitted to the FLCA booth by 2:00 pm on Sat March 4th. THERE ARE NO ONLINE APPLICATIONS,
To be judged for accuracy a visual reference, preferably a front and back color photo on paper, can be turned in with your application. Electronic media (i.e. CDs) will not be accepted. Mobile devices will be allowed for reference as well. This is not required.
Costumes must be self-contained.
Do not enter or exit the catwalk except at the designated points.
Each contestant may only enter one costume into competition.
Large elaborate costumes must be handled by the contestant and/or assistants the contestant brings to help. The convention will not be able to provide assistants.
COSPLAY CONTEST JUDGING CRITERIA
Our judges will rate your cosplay and performance based on the criteria Below:
Quality & Creativity
What we look at: If your costume is handmade or store bought, we look at the stitching, material and fit. Handmade costumes get a bonus on this category. If you have compiled your costume from things found around the house, we look at how you have modified them, how you paired them and how creative you were. We also take into account, wig styling and makeup.
Tips: We favor handmade costumes over anything else. If your costume is handmade, make sure to let us know how you made it, if not, try and put more emphasis on something you styled, like your wig or make-up.
What we look at: We will be checking how faithful your costume, hair, make-up and props are to the character you’re cosplaying as.
Tips: Print out a picture of your character showing the full costume. Do mention any variations or specific versions you took into account. If what you’re cosplaying as is not an existing character, mention at least a point of reference or inspiration.
What we look at: The goal of cosplay is to look as much like your character as possible, this includes body motions and phrases you say. Those who act in character will score higher than those who do not.
Tips: Talk in the tone of your character and try to say things that he would say. Stand, pose and move like him too.
What we look at: We will try and determine how hard each person had to work to complete his costume, find a rare prop, style the appropriate wig or do his make-up.
Tips: Make sure to tell the judges how long you worked on compiling your costume and point out details that required effort to complete.
Rules, Regulations & Common Sense
VIOLATION OF THE FOLLOWING RULES COULD RESULT IN YOU BEING EJECTED (AND
POSSIBLY BANNED) FROM THE CONVENTION WITHOUT REFUND.
● Do not bring real swords, guns or any other type of an authentic weapon!!! Only props allowed!!! Our security will be checking bags and weapons at the door. Any real weapons will be asked to return to your vehicle.
● All props are subject to inspection by staff or security of Infinity Con at any time and may be confiscated as a result of violation.
● Use common sense and remember what seems harmless to you may appear like a threat to someone else.
● All propweapons must be carried into the hall covered, or in a bag of some sort.
● Remember that other Infinity Con attendees may be new to the idea of Cosplay and the Con scene, and could be frightened by something even remotely looking like a weapon. Please keep your propweapon covered when walking through parking lots.
● All bladed prop weapons (swords, daggers, kunai, etc.) must be blunt, and made of wood or plastic. Absolutely no live steel is permitted on the convention grounds. Live steel is defined as any blade, dull or sharp, made out of metal.
● Bows and slingshots must have low string tension, and be incapable of firing.
● Futuristic or fantasy props (lightsabers, laser guns, etc.) must follow the same guidelines as swords and guns.
● Any prop sporting open flame, any form of real ammunition, or anything that violates the rules as stated above, are strictly prohibited.
● Persons carrying replica prop weapons must check in at the ticket counter to obtain clearance. Infinity Con staff reserves the right to deem any prop unsuitable for the convention grounds.
● Persons carrying these props do so at their own risk and assume all risks of liability, harm, damage, and loss to any person or property. Whether permitted or banned, Infinity Con and shall not be liable for any injury, harm, damage, or any loss.
Even though you know you are play acting not all attendees in the hall will know this. Use common sense and don’t frighten other attendees.
Photographic and Media Consent
By attending and/or exhibiting at the annual Infinity Con event, I hereby consent
to the collection and use of my personal images by photography and/or video
recording. I acknowledge these may be used for promotional purposes by Infinity
Con for current and future events.